Monday, November 26, 2012

Tis the season.. [playing catchup] Pt.1 (The Living Room)

To come back to the blogosphere? To get back on my weightloss train? To craft? TO MOVE??

Welp blogworld.. I'm back. I'm back for the day at least, and then hopefully I'll be back for good sometime before Christmas. Life has happened fast, and I've been super busy (not a bad thing though, right?). Halloween came and went, work has been busy; because let's face it, the news never sleeps people!

I wanted to stop in for a moment though, and share with you some of my creations that happened over this past weekend. As I briefly mentioned, I am moving. We're all moving to be exact.. into my grandparent's house. It's weird, and it will probably never feel like home, but for the moment when money is so tight I don't really have time to fuss over things such as that. We aren't officially in yet, but we have been working on getting decorations up so that we aren't decorating the week before Christmas. You see... one thing you don't do while continuing on with your grandmother's legacy is NOT decorate for Christmas. Now, given everything going on.. it's not going to be nearly as decorated as she would have been, and the style isn't quite that of hers... but it's the thought that counts. I've still got a ways to go, but I did get a few things up and wanted to share.

I'm going to break this up into different posts as I get everything up and done.

 This is a living room centerpiece that I put together from unused ornaments. There's really no science to it.. I just put some stuff in a bowl and hopefully it doesn't look too cray cray!


The mantle. This is the first time I've ever had one I could decorate, but unfortunately because of time, energy and just all around a lack of time to plan.. this is what happened. I just threw some things together, and it also has lights.. so that's festively delicious.

The tree topper. We have a angel that we've used, and last year we had a sad looking bow.. but I decided to try something different since we're using a much skinnier tree.. I like it, and I think it's fun!

The outdoor wreath. I didn't have any of my crafting stuff.. so I'm hoping this thing holds up in the wind because they are attached by the wreath itself.. that's usually how I do it though, because I never do the same wreath twice. I plan on adding a bow to it once I can get some of the appropriate ribbon.. but there she goes for now!

So.. that is it for now! I'm not sure when I'll be back over to the house this week.. but the plan is to be sleeping there by next week.. so hopefully I'll have some updates for you soon !

No comments:

Post a Comment